Give yourself the gift of some reflection time this holiday season. I love to take time between Christmas and New Years to think about what I have accomplished this past year. I look at the challenges and the successes, what I have learned, what I have to be grateful for, and where I want to take all this in the next year.
As you contemplate and look deeper into the past year, you gain more insight into what you want to plan for next year. I find it meaningful to ponder all areas of life – spiritual, financial, relationships, family, career, personal growth, physical, and leisure time interests and hobbies. It is a time to check how your values and actions are in alignment. Look to see if anything is missing and what you want or desire.
Your values and aspects of life then go into your annual plan and fit into your 5 or 10 year long-term life planning. Every January I do a workshop for clients to help them set their goals for the coming year. It takes contemplation and action.
You might like to prepare for yourself, whether or not you take my workshop. Ask these questions related to all the above areas of life:
- What have your major lessons been about and what might be the next giant step for your improvement?
- What is missing in life?
- What would add more meaning for you?
- In which friendships do you want to increase your connection? Are there any friendships you want to diminish in importance?
- Are you engaged in something you truly love?
- How can you make your significant love relationships kinder, more thoughtful and less selfish?
- How are you living or using your calling?
- What are you doing to help others?
- How are you being the best at your talents?
- What are you most excited about?
- How can you have more joy and laughter in your life?
- What do you want to add to or subtract from your life?
- What are your fun desires for this next year?
- What would your inner child say he or she wants this year?
- If you had a “values mentor”, what would he or she suggest for you this year?
Write Goals for Next Year
After contemplating and giving consideration to these questions, you might like to start forming goals for the next year. You might also want to enroll for my workshop or call 702-242-4222 or email for a private appointment to establish your vision quest for 2016.